Click on the position titles to view more details.
Performs skilled work in the general maintenance, repair and modification of Authority-owned buildings, related equipment. and appliances.
- Perform unit preparations (ex. paint, caulk, and routine maintenance tasks)
- Perform daily maintenance repairs (ex. drywall, plumbing, basic electrical, basic carpentry)
- Exterior repairs (shutters, painting, door repairs)
- Repair and replace windows, screens, doors, and related locks and hardware
- Diagnose and repair various appliances and equipment including ranges, heating systems, air conditioners, refrigerators, and water heaters; replace and/or recalibrate various controls
- Repair or replace missing roof shingles; repair built up roofs, roof decking and trusses
- Perform masonry repairs and reconstruction of walls
- Repair and install cabinets; fabricate replacement doors, drawers, and other components needed for cabinet repair or replacement; install new counter tops
- Repair and replace plaster and sheetrock wall and ceiling surfaces; construct walls and partitions; repair and replace suspended ceilings in offices
- Build forms, pour and finish concrete
- Repair and replace plywood subflooring; replace vinyl and ceramic tile moldings.
- Perform painting and wood finishing incidental to carpentry work.
- Operate various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Read and interpret work orders and preventive maintenance checklists to perform required maintenance and service; document tenant charges.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition; follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery, buildings, or grounds as required.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Take periodic on-call upon qualification
- HS diploma supplemented by technical courses in mechanical, electrical, or building trades
- 1-2 years experience in the maintenance and repair of building structures, household appliances, plumbing fixtures, and heating and A/C equipment
Starting Salary: $15.23/hour, plus excellent benefits
Mail resume or MHA employment application to:
Macon Housing Authority
PO Box 4928
Macon, GA 31208-4928
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED
Application Deadline: Open until filled
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE