Macon Housing Authority shall:
- Maintain all premises and developments in a decent, safe, and sanitary condition;
- Comply with requirements of applicable building codes, housing codes, and HUD regulations affecting health and safety;
- Perform annual preventive maintenance inspections of each unit;
- Make necessary repairs to the premises;
- Provide pest control functions as requested by the Resident or as deemed necessary by MHA staff;
- Replace unit heating/air conditioning filters every six weeks;
- Keep development building facilities and common areas, not otherwise assigned to the Resident for maintenance and upkeep, in a clean and safe condition;
- Maintain in good and safe working order and condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, appliances, and other systems supplies by MHA;
- Provide and maintain appropriate waste receptacles and facilities (except for containers for exclusive use of the Resident Family) for the deposit of garbage, rubbish, and other waste removed from the premises by the Resident. Waste is defined to exclude large, bulky items, which cannot be reasonably accommodated in the receptacle provided;
- Supply running water and reasonable amount of hot water and reasonable amounts of heat and air conditioning at appropriate times of the year; and
- Maintain routine paint schedule for continuously occupied units – 5 years for interior, 3 years for exterior.
Upon reasonable notice to the Resident, MHA shall be permitted to enter the dwelling unit during reasonable hours for the purpose of performing routine inspections and maintenance for improvements or repairs.