Following is a list of documents and information verification resources required of all new applicants. Please bring all the items listed to your appointment. The same name must appear on all items.
- Current picture identification on all adult members (age 18 and older)
- Income verification for all income you receive. Examples include:
- Wage Statement from Employer: Forms are available at the MHA Central Office reception desk. Check stubs are not sufficient.
- Social Security Benefits: Obtain printout from the social security office.
- Veteran Benefits: Obtain printout from local VA office.
- TANF Benefits: Obtain printout from Department of Family & Children Services.
- Child Support: This form is available at the front desk.
- Contributions: This form is available at the front desk.
- Alimony/Palimony (Common Law Spouse): Must have verification.
- Any other source of income for the head of household or any family member must also be reported. This includes weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly contributions made by an outside person.
- Assets, if you have any: Certificates of Deposit (CDs), Checking Account Statement, Ownership (real estate, home, or land), any type of inheritance. Any banking activity must be reported. All verification should be no more than 90 days old from the date of this letter.
- Birth Certificates: Proof of birth for all family members (Birth Certificates).
- Social Security Cards: Proof of Social Security numbers for all family members.
- Family Composition: Marriage license, divorce papers, adoption papers, foster childcare papers, and legal separation papers.
- Childcare Expenses: This applies only to working head of household parents with children under the age of 13. This form is available at the Central Office reception desk.
- Elderly/Disabled Only: Verification of medical expenses (form available at front desk), prescription drug expense verification (form available at front desk), health insurance premiums, Medicare statement showing payments on behalf of the applicant, and disability verification (form available at front desk).
- Student Status Verification: Required for any family member 18 years of age or older and a full-time student in high school, enrolled in college, university, vocational, or trade school (form available at the front desk).
- All Adult Members: All family members 18 years of age and older must accompany the head of household on the day of the scheduled appointment.
All required forms must be completed in advance by the appropriate persons and presented at the interview. Otherwise, you will not be seen at that time, and only one other appointment will be scheduled.